Tudo bom com vcs? Boas notícias!! Fiquei online dia 24/02/15!! E em uma semana depois, segunda-feira – 02/03, uma família entrou no meu perfil!! É EMOCIONANTE!!! Vi as fotos, cidade que moram, li a carta deles… fiquei muito empolgada!
Aí surge aquela pergunta: O que eu faço agora? Mando email? Mas o que escrevo no email? E se já quiserem falar comigo por Skype/chat?
Bem, pensando nisso, vou mostrar pra vocês como me preparei pra esse momento.
Primeiramente, enquanto esperava pela liberação do meu application, pesquisei na pagina da APIA tudo o que tinha disponível de material pra antes e depois do embarque. É só pesquisar no lado esquerdo da página, na aba “Life in the USA”.
Um dos guias disponíveis é o “When a host family calls”, em que há alguns tópicos e perguntas-chave pra você fazer. Além disso, também pesquisei nos grupos de Au Pair no Facebook e encontrei uma lista imensa de perguntas, então fui selecionando as principais. Vou colocar a lista aqui no fim deste post.
Quando a HF entrou no meu perfil, logo recebi um email do Host Dad já querendo iniciar o contato. O ideal é que assim que vc recebe uma visita no perfil, já mande um email pra família se colocando à disposição pra conversar com eles. Eu conversei com as meninas que já me deram a dica de um email simples, tipo:
Dear Mr. XX and Mrs. XX,
I saw that you are interested in my profile. Let me know if you have any questions. I hope we can talk soon.
Mas nem deu tempo de eu mandar! O HD me escreveu dizendo que eles estavam interessados no meu perfil, etc e pediu pra que eu visse o perfil deles e tudo mais! PARA TUDO. E agora? kkkkk
Bem, recorri à minha lista quilométrica de perguntas e selecionei algumas que não são tão particulares mas que me ajudariam a iniciar a conversa e saber mais detalhes. Funcinou! O HD foi super educado, respondeu todas as minhas perguntas, se colocou à disposição pra eu tirar outras duvidas e também sugeriu que eu falasse com as au pairs que eles já tiveram, inclusive com a atual. Então fiquei mais tranqüila pra continuar a conversa. Ele também mencionou que quer fazer um chat em breve, então logo logo tem post novo! rs
Vou colocar aqui o email que mandei pra ele:
Thanks for your contact!
I saw your profile and liked it so much, you have a beautiful family!
I would like to know more details about you all, my daily routines, schedule and duties if possible.
(Name of the city) seems to be a nice place to live, do you live in a house or apartment?
Is the kids’ school close to your home?
What time do you recommended your others Au Pairs to their studies?
In your letter, you’ve mentioned that the next Au Pair must have an excellent speaking and I’m worry about it, because english is my second language. I can communicate well but I’m still improving it.
Sorry if I already starts with so many questions and feel free to ask me anything.
Segue algumas perguntas importantes. Selecione as que vc achar melhor e procure registrar tudo o que você conversar com as Host Families, colocando por email suas duvidas e acordos.
É isso pessoal! Espero ter ajudado!
SOBRE AS KIDS
1) Tell me about the children, their ages and what they like do.
2) What are their names?
3) What is your family’s routine on the weekdays?
4) Are they energetic or calm kids?
Se a criança for bebê
5) Is she/he walking and talking?
6) Do the children nap?
7) If so, when and for how long?
Expectativas sobre a nova Au Pair
8) When do you want me to arrive there?
9) Why have you chosen to host an au pair?
10) Have you ever had an Au Pair before? Where was she from?
11) How do the children feel about a new au pair joining the family?
12) Did the family have a good relationship with their last au pair?
13) What qualities do you find important in an au Pair?
Sobre a Family
14) What’s you job? Where do you work?
15) Where do you work and what do you do?
16) Do you have any religion?
17) What do they like to do in their free time?
18) What kind of activities will you expect (expectative) me to do with the children?
18) What will my schedule be like?
19) What will be my responsibilities with each kid?
20) Will I need to drive?
21) Will I need to take the kids to school?
22) How far is the school?
23) Am I supposed to make dinner for the kids?
24) Will I be asked to prepare meals for the kids?
25) What would be my activities while the kids are at day care?
26) What time do the kids go to day care? What time do they leave?
27) When would be my days off?
Sobre a City
1) Tell me about the City
2) Is it near a big city? Which one?
3) How is the climate?
4) Is it too cold in the city? Snow there?
5) What kind of activities can we do in the city?
6) Do you live in the suburbs or Downtown?
7) There are schools near?
8) Where can I find public transportation near?
9) Are there other au pairs in the area?
Sobre a House/Rules
10) What are the house’s rules?
11) Do you have pets?
12) Do you have a housekeeper?
13) Will I have a private room, bathroom?
14) Will I have access to internet? In my room?
15) May I drive to go out and travel?
16) What will be my curfew?
17) What time can I get home during the week and on the weekends?
18) Can I receive and make phone calls in your house?
19) Will I have time to study? What time?
20) Can I study when the children are in the school?
21) Are there any English Schools near your house?
22) Will I have permission to use the car in my free time?
23) Is a state driver’s license required?
*Are my friends and family members allowed to come over to visit me? Can they sleep over?
* Do you have cameras in your house?
Sobre a Family / Kids
24) Do you like sports?
25) What do you do on weekends?
26) Do you do any special activities?
27) Have the kids suffered from any kind of allergies?
28) Do the children have any food allergies?
29) When will I have free time?
30) Will I be responsible for any household duties? If so, which ones?
31) Could you please write down a clear list of things I will be responsible for?
32) What are you expecting from me?
Se a family ja teve uma au pair
33) Would you mind if I ask you to talk to her or send her an e-mail?
1) What do you think about the family? And the kids?
2) Are they nice with you?
3) Do you ever had an issue (desentendimento) with your hosts?
4) Do they pay you correctly?
5) They gave you a cell phone?
6) Do you do extra work?
7) Do you have many weekends off?
8) Do you do any course? If so, are the courses near from the house?
9) Is there any cool near place to go there?
10) Do you have more pictures of them, their home and your room to show me?
11) What do you most like to do in your free time?
12) How is the LCC? Is she helpful?
13) Are there any English Schools near your house?
1) What type of food do the kids eat?
2) Do the children follow a special diet?
3) Is there any kind of food that they don’t eat?
4) Could we discuss any other useful information you think I ought to know about the children?
5) Can the kids go only to certain friends’ house?
6) Is there any game that the children are not allowed (permited) to play?
7) At what time do the children normally eat?
8) Do family members or relatives live nearby
9) Are there areas the children like to visit?
1) What kind of movies they like?
2) Are they in the school?
3) What do they like to do in their free time?
4) What are their favorite games and toys?
5) What are their activities? (outdoor, indoor)
6) Do the children have a favorite food?
7) Are there areas the children like to visit?
8) How was your day? What did you do?
9) When is your birthday? Are you excited to be x years old?
10) Do you like school?
11) Do you have many friends?
12) Do you like to play with your friends? What do you play of?
13) What is your favourite subject?
14) Which grade are you in?
15) Do you like having an au pair?
16) What kinda music do you like?
17) What do you want to be when you grow up?
Sorry, I don’t understand. Can you repeat please?
Can you speak slowly please?
Remember: the family’s name and the date they would like you to fly to the United States
Depois que tiver família: Would you like me to take something from Brazil for you? What kind of things? Anything special?
Extraído do FB, elaborado por Renata Ribeiro conforme pesquisas em blogs, grupos e comentários.